Skip to main content

2018 APR 28 -- Day 17

Slight up-blip today, but it's not too big of one. With that huge drop to 371 lbs, I expected it. I'm only up by .2 lbs, and that's still a victory. It didn't skyrocket. So I still consider this a victory. I'm having a bit of trouble with the porcelain fairy. She and I are not on speaking terms at the moment. I'm sure that once we patch things up, I'll drop again. I can't wait to be in the 360s. I still can't believe I'm this far under 400 lbs.

Starting weight: 415 lbs
Current weight: 371.2 lbs ⇧ 
Long-term Goal: 145 lbs
Short-term Goal: 359 lb

I had tilapia filets and a large salad with an amazing avocado dressing I created and two fried eggs. I love the food I'm able to eat. I don't miss carbs in the slightest. This is so amazing.

I have been buzzing with energy during my fasting periods. At work, I'm super focused. I am making fewer typos, and I'm not sure whether to attribute that to improved mental acuity or to the new keyboard I got. Either way, I'm glad I am not having to make so many corrections. That's a time-saver. I think my multi-tasking ability has improved a bit, too.

I had a delicious meal today of one-and-a-half tilapia filets, two fried eggs, and a giant bowl of leafy Spring Mix greens with an amazing dressing I created with avocado, cilantro, and feta cheese. Here is the recipe for that:

This makes 6 cups. In total, it's

3302 calories
36 g carbs (81 g total; 44 g fiber)
327 g fat
52 g protein

4 small avocados
1 cup crumbled Feta cheese
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
4 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 cup sour cream
4 garlic cloves
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 tbsp nutritional yeast (I use Bragg)

Just blend it all up in a blender for a few minutes. That's it! This tastes amazing. I think I already said that. I can't say it enough. It made eating my greens so much easier!

I tried new recipes the past couple of days, but they were flops.

There was the Cod (that should have been Haddock, but the store didn't have Haddock) and Cheddar that I made in the Instant Pot pressure cooker. The sauce was way too runny. It was tasty, but there was no way to easily eat that sauce. I ended up eating an unplanned large salad and using the sauce as dressing.

And yesterday I attempted to make Cauliflower English Muffins, but I forgot to add the egg as a binding agent, so they flopped miserably. I will do it correctly the next time I try it. I have enough ingredients to make that three more times.

I don't know how people on YouTube and recipe sites make these things look so easy. Why do I fail so hard at it? LOL.

I fail at making new recipes graph:


Comments