Skip to main content

2018 JUL 29 -- Day 109

Down a pound. That's more like it! It's still not the lowest number I've seen, but I'll get back there. I have no doubt about that. I love that I can confidently say that. Before I knew the cause for my obesity, I would wonder if I'd ever lose a pound, and if I had, I would doubt I'd ever lose another before gaining 10. This is refreshing.

Starting weight: 401 lbs
Current weight: 339 lbs 
Long-term Goal: 145 lbs
Short-term Goal: 325 lbs

I have been reading more and more of Dr. Fung's book, The Obesity Code. I thought I had heard all he had to say on the topic from the YouTube videos and his IDM (Intensive Dietary Management) website, but no. There is a plethora of details in this book that I haven't yet heard. For example, I now know why artificial sweeteners kick me in the tuchus.
I also learned more about the "Dawn Phenomenon" which is a cause of higher blood glucose readings in the mornings -- or just after you wake up. It's all becoming crystal clear to me now! I am getting more and more motivated to continue every day even though I don't feel at my best right now.

I was considering switching up my diet as I have been doing the 5 days fasting/2 days eating regimen for several weeks. I might try going back to OMAD or 2MAD for a bit, then change it back. I don't know yet. What I'm doing is still working, but it's not working quite as well as it once had.

My weight is going down in general, but not as quickly as I want it to. It was going pretty quickly at the begging of the diet and at the beginning of the new fasting regimen, so switching it up may actually be a good idea.

I'll have to think about this a bit more and see how I feel about it.

I an considering making a change to my diet to kick things into high gear again graph:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2018 DEC 2 -- Day 235

I have been gone for a while, but I have not given up. And today I have exciting news to report! I have officially lost 100 lbs! Yes. From my highest weight ever recorded of 425 lbs, I have dropped to under 325 lbs. I can't believe it! I've come so far, and I am looking forward to being a normal-sized human by this time next year. I changed my short-term goal weight to 299 lbs because I want to get under 300 lbs next. I still can't imagine it, but I'm almost there! Starting weight:  401 lbs Current weight:  322.2  lbs   ⇩ Long-term Goal:  145 lbs Short-term Goal:  299 lbs I'm more of a carnivore now than doing keto. So that has changed. I stalled in my weight loss for nearly 4 months as evidenced by the graphs on my graphs page. So I cut out the salads and a lot of dairy. As soon as I did that, my weight started falling off again. I call it "keto-vore," though, because I still like to consume olives and use coconut oil and coconut cream, etc. Bu

2017 SEP 11 -- Day 23

This keeps getting better and better and better! I'm too excited for words! 402 lbs! Can you believe it? I'm sure you can, but I can't. All methods of losing weight I have ever tried -- and there have been many -- have failed. With Shangri-la , I literally haven't changed anything except for taking the 2 tbsp of oil twice a day, and my weight is dropping. Sure, the oil regimen makes me eat very little, but even when practically starving myself before SLD, I never dropped weight. It also made me ravenous and gain weight from the inevitable binge that followed! This truly is the "magic pill" diet. A no-calorie-counting, eat-anything-you-want, exercise-free diet that actually works! It couldn't be any easier than this unless I had a magic wand to make the fat disappear in one flick of the wrist. I tell my husband my weight whenever I take a new measurement, and I'm very excited when it goes down like this. I'm excited quite often. He doesn'

2017 NOV 4 -- Day 77

OMG! 375.2 lbs! This is the lowest ever!!! Wow. I can't even tell you how exciting it is to see 375 lbs on the scale. Most people would be, like, "that's still super heavy, though." I know. I know it is, but you don't understand! I've been over 400 lbs for so, so, very long! I'm almost 25 lbs under the 400-lb mark. Imagine you've been trying to lose that last 10 lbs that just wont budge, and then all of a sudden it's gone. That's the closest thing I can equate to this feeling. Starting weight:  415 lbs Current weight:  375.2  lbs  ⇩  Long-term Goal:  145 lbs Short-term Goal:  359 lbs How much do I love down-blips? All of it. All of the much. Think about this. It's a loss of almost 40 lbs. That's, like, 4 10-lb bowling balls. Try carrying 4 10-lb bowling balls. One is heavy enough! I use a 10-lb ball. I know how heavy that sucker is! And let me tell you, losing the equivalent weight of 4 of those: wow!    I'm also having