Skip to main content

2018 AUG 2 -- Day 113

My weight is down to 340.6 lbs again today, but that's what it has been every other day for the past 5 days. This is not encouraging. I like that it's gone down instead of up, but it's still not as far down as I'd hoped. I'm not feeling great about my progress at the moment. I'm beginning to doubt I can succeed with my ultimate weight loss goal at all. Am I losing inches, maybe? I don't know. I don't feel like I have, but I'm too afraid to measure myself. What if I haven't lost inches or if I have gained inches? I would be so discouraged!

Starting weight: 401 lbs
Current weight: 340.6 lbs 
Long-term Goal: 145 lbs
Short-term Goal: 325 lbs

My blood glucose readings were in the 120s when I first started measuring, but now they are staying in the 150 to 160 range. Every now and then they get into the 190s or 200s. That's fairly frightening. Why is my blood glucose so high?

I read that there is possibly glucose in  my fat cells that may be released as I lose weight, but I don't know how accurate this is. I feel okay for the most part. I get a bit woozy when I stand up too quickly, and sometimes my shoulders and arms feel really fatigued after doing some work -- like preparing and cooking food, for example.

I wish there was a doctor I could consult about this, but doctors are not knowledgeable in general with these concerns that occur with keto and fasting. There is only one doctor that I know of that I would trust to answer this question and not recommend that I use insulin, metformin, or add carbs to my diet. That's Dr. Jason Fung. I can't afford to see him, and I can't physically go see him, so I'm on my own.

I need to locate a good doctor I can afford in my area who knows how to support keto and fasting graph:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2018 DEC 2 -- Day 235

I have been gone for a while, but I have not given up. And today I have exciting news to report! I have officially lost 100 lbs! Yes. From my highest weight ever recorded of 425 lbs, I have dropped to under 325 lbs. I can't believe it! I've come so far, and I am looking forward to being a normal-sized human by this time next year. I changed my short-term goal weight to 299 lbs because I want to get under 300 lbs next. I still can't imagine it, but I'm almost there! Starting weight:  401 lbs Current weight:  322.2  lbs   ⇩ Long-term Goal:  145 lbs Short-term Goal:  299 lbs I'm more of a carnivore now than doing keto. So that has changed. I stalled in my weight loss for nearly 4 months as evidenced by the graphs on my graphs page. So I cut out the salads and a lot of dairy. As soon as I did that, my weight started falling off again. I call it "keto-vore," though, because I still like to consume olives and use coconut oil and coconut cream, etc. Bu

2017 SEP 11 -- Day 23

This keeps getting better and better and better! I'm too excited for words! 402 lbs! Can you believe it? I'm sure you can, but I can't. All methods of losing weight I have ever tried -- and there have been many -- have failed. With Shangri-la , I literally haven't changed anything except for taking the 2 tbsp of oil twice a day, and my weight is dropping. Sure, the oil regimen makes me eat very little, but even when practically starving myself before SLD, I never dropped weight. It also made me ravenous and gain weight from the inevitable binge that followed! This truly is the "magic pill" diet. A no-calorie-counting, eat-anything-you-want, exercise-free diet that actually works! It couldn't be any easier than this unless I had a magic wand to make the fat disappear in one flick of the wrist. I tell my husband my weight whenever I take a new measurement, and I'm very excited when it goes down like this. I'm excited quite often. He doesn'

2017 NOV 4 -- Day 77

OMG! 375.2 lbs! This is the lowest ever!!! Wow. I can't even tell you how exciting it is to see 375 lbs on the scale. Most people would be, like, "that's still super heavy, though." I know. I know it is, but you don't understand! I've been over 400 lbs for so, so, very long! I'm almost 25 lbs under the 400-lb mark. Imagine you've been trying to lose that last 10 lbs that just wont budge, and then all of a sudden it's gone. That's the closest thing I can equate to this feeling. Starting weight:  415 lbs Current weight:  375.2  lbs  ⇩  Long-term Goal:  145 lbs Short-term Goal:  359 lbs How much do I love down-blips? All of it. All of the much. Think about this. It's a loss of almost 40 lbs. That's, like, 4 10-lb bowling balls. Try carrying 4 10-lb bowling balls. One is heavy enough! I use a 10-lb ball. I know how heavy that sucker is! And let me tell you, losing the equivalent weight of 4 of those: wow!    I'm also having