Skip to main content

2018 JUL 30 -- Day 110

I gained 3 lbs. I hate that I gained 3 lbs. I made the decision to change my eating regime and start eating when I feel hungry. I ate with my husband when we got home from work yesterday. We had taco salads. It was good, but I am now 3 lbs heavier than I was yesterday. This doesn't make me feel good.

Starting weight: 415 lbs
Current weight: 341 lbs  
Long-term Goal: 145 lbs
Short-term Goal: 325 lbs

I had about the same amount of actual salad that he had, but while he had an Italian Romaine blend of lettuce, I had a spring mix with baby spinach. I also drank almost my entire 7-cup bottle of water -- maybe 5 cups of it. I know that fiber retains water, so I'm hoping that when I eliminate the salad as waste, I will lose this 3 lbs and then some. We shall see and only time will tell.

I feel good, though. I feel better than I have in several days. That's telling. Have I been severely dehydrated, maybe? I don't know. Have I been missing out on some nutrients or electrolytes? No idea. What I do know is that I immediately gained 3 lbs, but I feel "lighter" and better.

I'm not certain if I will feel like eating when I get home from work. If I do, I will eat. if not, then I won't. I'm also concerned I may be giving my husband too much protein with his meals. Aside from carbohydrates, protein also triggers an insulin response in the body. That's good to know. This means that if there's too much, it could be halting his weight loss. He hasn't lost much weight if anything at all.

I have prepped some bacon-wrapped chicken thighs -- three to a bag -- and frozen them. I thought I might give him 2 or 2-and-a-half and eat the rest myself. That would give me either a half a thigh or a whole one depending on how much he eats.

I have been feeling a bit overstuffed with even the quarter portions of his meals I make for myself, so I have been giving him the rest of my meals that I can't eat. This is a terrible habit, and I need to stop. So I will try, instead, to make a normal portion for him of whatever protein we eat, and then just take a little off the top for myself. That may work.

Like yesterday, for example, I made taco salads. I made one pound of ground beef with taco seasoning. I took about a 1/4 pound for myself, and I gave him the rest. He usually eats only a half a pound, so this time his meal had 3/4 of a pound in it. And not only did he eat that, but then I couldn't finish my portion of salad, so I gave that to him. He couldn't eat it, so it ended up in the trash, but I should not have made that much to begin with.

The problem is that when I was planning to start cooking, I told him that my plan was to take a little off the top of his plate for me, and he balked a bit. He was hungry, and he felt the loss of food I was about to take, so he asked me to make a double portion. He told me he would simply eat the rest.

I shouldn't have given into this request. I knew full well we could not eat a full pound of taco meat between us in addition to the rest of our salads. We had the meat, cheese, lettuce greens, sour cream, salsa, and guacamole. It was quite a lot of food.

Food lesson learned graph:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2018 DEC 2 -- Day 235

I have been gone for a while, but I have not given up. And today I have exciting news to report! I have officially lost 100 lbs! Yes. From my highest weight ever recorded of 425 lbs, I have dropped to under 325 lbs. I can't believe it! I've come so far, and I am looking forward to being a normal-sized human by this time next year. I changed my short-term goal weight to 299 lbs because I want to get under 300 lbs next. I still can't imagine it, but I'm almost there! Starting weight:  401 lbs Current weight:  322.2  lbs   ⇩ Long-term Goal:  145 lbs Short-term Goal:  299 lbs I'm more of a carnivore now than doing keto. So that has changed. I stalled in my weight loss for nearly 4 months as evidenced by the graphs on my graphs page. So I cut out the salads and a lot of dairy. As soon as I did that, my weight started falling off again. I call it "keto-vore," though, because I still like to consume olives and use coconut oil and coconut cream, etc. Bu

2017 SEP 11 -- Day 23

This keeps getting better and better and better! I'm too excited for words! 402 lbs! Can you believe it? I'm sure you can, but I can't. All methods of losing weight I have ever tried -- and there have been many -- have failed. With Shangri-la , I literally haven't changed anything except for taking the 2 tbsp of oil twice a day, and my weight is dropping. Sure, the oil regimen makes me eat very little, but even when practically starving myself before SLD, I never dropped weight. It also made me ravenous and gain weight from the inevitable binge that followed! This truly is the "magic pill" diet. A no-calorie-counting, eat-anything-you-want, exercise-free diet that actually works! It couldn't be any easier than this unless I had a magic wand to make the fat disappear in one flick of the wrist. I tell my husband my weight whenever I take a new measurement, and I'm very excited when it goes down like this. I'm excited quite often. He doesn'

2017 NOV 4 -- Day 77

OMG! 375.2 lbs! This is the lowest ever!!! Wow. I can't even tell you how exciting it is to see 375 lbs on the scale. Most people would be, like, "that's still super heavy, though." I know. I know it is, but you don't understand! I've been over 400 lbs for so, so, very long! I'm almost 25 lbs under the 400-lb mark. Imagine you've been trying to lose that last 10 lbs that just wont budge, and then all of a sudden it's gone. That's the closest thing I can equate to this feeling. Starting weight:  415 lbs Current weight:  375.2  lbs  ⇩  Long-term Goal:  145 lbs Short-term Goal:  359 lbs How much do I love down-blips? All of it. All of the much. Think about this. It's a loss of almost 40 lbs. That's, like, 4 10-lb bowling balls. Try carrying 4 10-lb bowling balls. One is heavy enough! I use a 10-lb ball. I know how heavy that sucker is! And let me tell you, losing the equivalent weight of 4 of those: wow!    I'm also having