Skip to main content

2017 NOV 7 -- Day 80

Woo! 374 lbs! Now we're cookin' with oil! Hehe. I know that's not the saying, but it fits better than "now we're cookin' with gas." I also don't want to have my body associated with gas. LOL

My plans are really coming together for Thanksgiving. We do ours the Sunday before the actual holiday so that our friends don't have to worry about fitting our event into their schedules with their own families. We don't really have family. It's just me and my husband. Our family all lives in other states, and we don't have kids or anything. We're free spirits, and our holiday traditions reflect that.

Starting weight: 415 lbs
Current weight: 374 lbs ⇩ 
Long-term Goal: 145 lbs
Short-term Goal: 359 lbs

Thanksgiving is more of a glorified game night anyhow. We all sit around the giant TVs in our living room and play Jackbox games. It's super fun. My husband also bought the Munchkin board game and a whole bunch of expansions for it. He's excited to break it out when we have a gathering of 6 people in our apartment -- our 500-square-foot apartment.

Munchkin is fun. We broke it in already. We played the original, non-expanded game. We haven't tried any of the expansions yet. I can't even begin to describe how excited my husband got at the prospect of adding those expansions. He's absolutely giddy! I don't know how it will work when we all have to gather around our coffee table to play. I set up Thanksgiving to be the group of us in folding chairs with TV trays. There's one large buffet table full of food, and we all just serve up a plate for ourselves. We would need to put all the TV trays aside, and I'm thinking we'll need to not be eating when we play. With the Jackbox games, we can all just sit back and play using our phones and tablet and whatnot.

There's an app for Munchkin. It keeps your score, basically. And it cost money. It was about $5. You get a bonus with it, though. You get a special thing that you can use during gameplay, and you can randomly generate the thing for each new game. It's pretty nifty.

500-square-foot graph:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2018 DEC 2 -- Day 235

I have been gone for a while, but I have not given up. And today I have exciting news to report! I have officially lost 100 lbs! Yes. From my highest weight ever recorded of 425 lbs, I have dropped to under 325 lbs. I can't believe it! I've come so far, and I am looking forward to being a normal-sized human by this time next year. I changed my short-term goal weight to 299 lbs because I want to get under 300 lbs next. I still can't imagine it, but I'm almost there! Starting weight:  401 lbs Current weight:  322.2  lbs   ⇩ Long-term Goal:  145 lbs Short-term Goal:  299 lbs I'm more of a carnivore now than doing keto. So that has changed. I stalled in my weight loss for nearly 4 months as evidenced by the graphs on my graphs page. So I cut out the salads and a lot of dairy. As soon as I did that, my weight started falling off again. I call it "keto-vore," though, because I still like to consume olives and use coconut oil and coconut cream, etc. Bu

2018 JUL 28 -- Day 108

I have lost a little bit of weight from yesterday to today, but I'm still not too happy. I am about three pounds heavier than where I should be right now. I know it's because food inevitably causes weight gain, and breaking my fast two days a week will invariably make my weight bounce back a bit. While I have to accept it, I don't have to like it. Starting weight:  401 lbs Current weight:  339  lbs   ⇩ Long-term Goal:  145 lbs Short-term Goal:  325 lbs I was feeling a bit yuck from a combination of my fight with the porcelain fairy and the stress I've been under. I decided that eating would be a good idea today, so I had a salad with a nice, fat-infused Italian dressing I had made and some feta cheese and a few cherry tomatoes. It was really tasty. I also ate about an ounce or two of pork rinds. You'd be surprised at how many rinds are in a single ounce. They are a bit difficult to weight, though. I had quite a handful of them. Likely, it was two handfuls,

2018 JUL 30 -- Day 110

I gained 3 lbs. I hate that I gained 3 lbs. I made the decision to change my eating regime and start eating when I feel hungry. I ate with my husband when we got home from work yesterday. We had taco salads. It was good, but I am now 3 lbs heavier than I was yesterday. This doesn't make me feel good. Starting weight:  415 lbs Current weight:  341  lbs  ⇧   Long-term Goal:  145 lbs Short-term Goal:  325 lbs I had about the same amount of actual salad that he had, but while he had an Italian Romaine blend of lettuce, I had a spring mix with baby spinach. I also drank almost my entire 7-cup bottle of water -- maybe 5 cups of it. I know that fiber retains water, so I'm hoping that when I eliminate the salad as waste, I will lose this 3 lbs and then some. We shall see and only time will tell. I feel good, though. I feel better than I have in several days. That's telling. Have I been severely dehydrated, maybe? I don't know. Have I been missing out on some nutrients